Thursday, July 10, 2008

This Week Is Almost Over...Hurray!

Boy am I glad this week is almost over. I was looking forward to an easy week with just the 3 kids and myself. Well, plans never turn out the way you want them too. Ashlee sent me a text from girls camp saying she was miserable. She had a sore throat, headache and she didn't get any sleep the night before. I told her to tell one of the young women leaders and Ashlee didn't want to. She didn't want to be a complainer. I called Craig and he got a hold of one of the young women's leaders. Craig told her to check in on Ashlee. They looked into Ashlee's throat. Her throat was real red with white pustules in the back. There were no leaders coming home that night. So guess who had to drive up 1 1/2 hour one way to pick her up....I did! Lately these types of things come up when Craig is out of town. I think he plans it that way. So after work I went home I told the boys we are going on a road trip. We left Mesa at 6 pm and arrived up at the camp at 7:30 pm. It was a nice drive. Along the road we saw a herd of elk. I wished I had my camera, but didn't. We got Ashlee and then drove back home. We arrived back home at 10:15 pm. I thought I made good time.
I went to work today and I felt my day would never end. My schedule is from 9 am til 11:45 then lunch at noon until 1. I then have afternoon clinic from 1 til 3:30. The patients are scheduled ever 15 minutes. I started out fine but my doctor called me and she said she was at the ER taking care of another patient. She will be 20 more minutes. By the time the doctor arrived at the clinic we were an hour behind. My morning clinic ended at 12:45 and I had 15 minutes until my afternoon clinic started. I didn't think my day would end. At 5 I remembered Preston had a dental appointment. I took him to that and picked up dinner for the kids. By this time it was 7:30 and I was just waiting for Craig's plane to land. I have no idea what time Craig called but he said his plane was diverted to Tuscon because of the storm that come through our area. Craig wasn't sure how long of a wait they had. He asked me if I would drive to Tucson to get him. That's about 1 1/2 hours away. I was hating another road trip. I was waiting for him to call me back so I could begin my lovely drive. When Craig finally called he said he was on his way home. He decided to rent a car. That was real sweet of him to rent a car instead of me making the trip out there and back. I have to wake up early for work. I am glad tomorrow I only see patient in the morning.

2 comments:

DCuillard said...

Dear Jody: You and Craig and your family are always in my thoughts & prayers. I hope Ashlee is feeling better. I am so sorry that she had to leave Girl's Camp early. I know she always loves those activities and her powerful testimony is a blessing to everyone else around her. I am so glad Craig is home safely! It is always better when you are both there and your family is complete.
I love you all!
Love,
Mom

Kaye said...

I am exhausted just reading that! You are such a good sport. Hope Ashlee is feeling better....nothing is worse that being sick when you are away from home.