Tuesday, June 23, 2009

self control...

I did it!!! I had self control!!! On my way home from work I stopped by Sonic to get sodas and slushies for the kids. As I was driving through the drive through I see this sign everywhere...

Notice the bundt cake??...there are 3 different flavors...It looked soooo yummy and tempting! They had these signs everywhere saying buy me, buy me! It was like on my left shoulder I had a little devil of me saying, "oh come on Jody just buy it, no one will know." Then on my right shoulder the little angel of me was saying, "No, Jody, you can't have it! You have lost 11 lbs so far. You're doing so good, don't blow it." Boy what a struggle, but the little angle won! I stuck to my diet coke and drove off. Whew...that was a close call! But boy am I feeling good about myself for not giving into the dark side.

1 comment:

Liz Cuillard said...

Yay! You go girl! I probably would have given in, I can't say no to bundt cake! :)