it's been a while since I have posted anything. There are times I don't think I have much to say or because the drama in our life has ceased to exist, but I know that's not true. With our family there is always some sort of drama.
Earlier this week we had a scare of our lives. Max and Crue were wrestling and Crue's collar got stuck in Max's mouth. They got all twisted up and Crue was about suffocated. His eyes were bulging and he could not breathe. We couldn't get the collar unstuck from Max's mouth. Craig reached for a knife to cut it off and threw them on the couch. This untangled them and Crue was able to breathe again. Preston thought we were killing them...this happened within 5 minutes of me getting home from work...my heart was pounding...so drama does exist our household...sigh but we are indeed grateful that Crue is still with us today. We are ready to rename him to Lucky!! (I am holding Crue..fyi)
This week I was also struck with reality. Ashlee has one more year of school and then off to college after that. I was reminded of this reality day after day when in the mail we have received letters from different colleges inviting her to go to their school. Plus what else struck me was when she opened up her first checking account and received her visa/dept card. My little girl is no longer a little girl. She is a beautiful young women that one day she is leaving our home to begin her own life. I remember the first day she went to kindergarten. I followed the bus the whole way to school and sobbed my eyes out. I am sure the day she leaves our home I will go through the same emotions.
This afternoon Cody and I went to the mall to get a birthday gift for a friend of his. It was fun to hang out with him. He's such a good boy but sure make stupid choices at times. All in all he's a good kid though. I had to take this picture of him and I am sure he will kill me, but hay what are moms for??
Well those are my random thoughts for this week. Hopefully next week will be a different story but than again my life would be boring without my "stories"(drama).....until next time!






1 comment:
I feel your pain, and experience your joy. Glad to have such good company.
Post a Comment