With my kids being on spring break this past week I decided to request vacation time. I took a half day off on Friday the 13ths so I could prepare for our trip. Saturday, the 14th, morning we left for Sunny California...well Arizona was a little warmer then California but that's ok.
My puppies wanted to go with us and I wanted them to go too, well, I wanted Max to tag a long but no they couldn't come...so sad for my little guy.
Which we drove two cars. So peaceful on the trip no fighting
Off we went to our great adventure. With my family who knows where life will take us. We just go for the ride.
I took some picture of the mountains we have between the two borders of Arizona and California
(a little darker but just as beautiful)
Once we arrived in Simi Valley our first stop was Tommy's! Oh and I barely ate the whole day to save room for this beauty!!!
I had to eat Tommy's before we left too. One of my favorite joints to eat while visiting and the best part is, now they have a Tommy's in Simi! No more traveling to the next valley.
Saturday we walked around the mall in Simi. It was all outside. A little different but nice. Cody tried to get us to bring this home with us.
The puppy was really cute but we firmly said no. I know hard to believe we said no to those cute eyes, but we did!
We got to our hotel and it was a nice room. We pawned some of our kids off to Jimmy, Liz and Robbie's house and the rest stayed with us. We bought Jessie a twin blow up mattress. She didn't quite know what she was laying on or where she was at. She doesn't sleep to well outside of her bed and home.
On Sunday we met up with Craig's family and had a great dinner at Scott and Kaye's. Donna (Grammy) and Great Grandpa came along with Jimmy, Liz, Robbie, Todd, Mel (Todd's girlfriend), Clint (Ashlee's friend who came with us), my children of course and Scott and Kaye with their children.
We were all talking in the family room and I turned and saw Kaye brushing Lexi. I love this picture and I have proof Kaye does love dogs! I don't even brush my dogs....sorry Kaye...don't hate me!
Monday we were supposed to go to Magic Mountain. I bought the tickets on line because it was cheaper that way. Thanks to Liz she told me to see if Magic Mountain was open during the week. During winter time they are only open on the weekend and this time the weekend was over. Liz was right Magic Mountain was closed during the week until the following week when California had their spring break. We were so bummed!!! I have 8 tickets to Magic Mountain and we can't go. We couldn't wait the whole week due to other engagements back at home. So, we will have to make another trip. We have til the end of this year to use our tickets.
By this time Jessie wasn't sleeping to well. Up until midnight and then waking up around 4:30 am. Craig and I was not getting any sleep. So we decided to pack it all up and go home. Craig and the boys didn't want to go to the beach so I took Ashlee and Clint to the beach.We were supposed to stay until Wednesday but we got home late Monday night. Hence the quick trip. The rest of the week I remained home from work and hung out with the family. Craig and I took Preston to a move. I read the book Twilight. Cleaned up a room or two. Did laundry which I had tons of laundry. We forced Cody to go on a scout trip with the teachers quorum. I also played on facebook. I am addicted to facebook like I used to be with my blog. I have to learn to balance out my addictions!
Over all my week was a good week. I was glad to be home with my family enjoying every minute of it...well the moments when there was no fighting, but hay what can I say?! I am looking forward to going back to some type of schedule. Work for me, school for kids and who knows what is in stored for Craig. It sounds like he will be gone most of April, but hay once again what can I say....other than....that's my life!!






















3 comments:
did you really have to put the picture of the Tommy burger on here, I mean really that is cruel.
Sounds like a fun trip.
Oh yeah I had to torture some family memebers. Plus I have friends that don't know what a tommy burger is....sorry :o)
Glad to see you got to go on a family vacation. It looks like it was a fun time. I enjoyed the photos.
Post a Comment